Tuesday, September 25, 2007

on the wagon.

so. i missed the wedding sunday(see prior post), but ended up going to the chat room about midnight. had a couple of the tastiest manhattans in town, and a couple of beers (not to mention the better part of a bottle of wine and four modelos at home before that). i woke up yesterday with nice pain in my throat that connected to my ear. i had to work also.

my good friend jole had mentioned to me that he had a stash of mexican amoxicillan from a fairly recent trip across the border. as you can probably guess, the antibiotics were not the intent of going to a mexican pharmacy, but a nice bonus. i had jole bring said pills to my work along with dosage instructions pulled from the web. i remember several people telling me not to drink while on antibiotics. while this is somewhat of a bummer, it really is the best thing for me right now (see prior post). i really want to knock out this infection quickly, and i need to focus on getting moved as well, so i have decided to stop drinking for 10 days.

that being said, sleep was hell. i did quite a bit of packing, until i ran out of boxes (anybody got any boxes?). then laid down around 11, took a melatonin, and watch episodes of simpsons, robot chicken, and metalocolypse that were on my ipod. got tired, but not really sleepy. my mind going thru withdrawls is like a hacked furby. i put on donnie darko and dozed thru it. i finally shut the ipod off and tried to make myself sleep.

when i finally did, i had awful dreams. i dreamt i was on a bus and i saw my friend chuck in the street. i got off the bus to greet him. when i tried to ride my bike along side of him, the geometry of the bike was all off, and my headlight would not stay on, and my handlebar tape unraveled. the bar tape dream is becoming rather consistent. what does it mean!!!???

then, in a later dream, i was sleeping in a grocery store that was closed for the day on a shitty mattress on the floor (much like my current sleeping quarters, 'cept for the grocery store part). an acquaintance of mine, sarah how lives in austin laid down with me and we made out. all the sudden, we were at a party making out. she told me i tasted like vinegar. she had come to visit with a guy from austin. she was curious as to why i had not asked the nature of their relationship, so i asked. she then told me they were involved, but he was too young. we continued to make out, but she stopped cuz she saw the guy. i took off, but it was too late. he rounded the corner with a bunch of his cronies and said "hey jack!" i stopped and he crushed an egg on my head and pushed my away. said some threatening words, then spun around and walked off. at this point it starts to pour. i get on a bus, after putting my bike on the front rack. the rain had washed the egg out mostly, so that was cool. as i was getting off the bus, i realized, it is in fact raining cats and dogs, and i don't particularly want to ride in such rain. i ask one on the bus drivers (yes there were two) for a transfer. she yells at me telling me she already gave me one. i didn't recall asking for one, so i argue that she did not. she calls me a liar and tells me to get off the bus. so call a her some nasty name, and she
tells me to fuck off. we exchange further jabs, and i exit the bus. i start digging in my pockets, getting soaked and i found a transfer. as i turn and yell "i found it you cunt!" i made the horrible realization that i did not have my bike, and it was no longer on the rack of the bus. it was nowhere to be found. i made a full on sprint for the bus that was starting to pull off. i was standing in front of it, waving my arms and screaming at the top of my lungs to fucking stop, and asking where is my bike?!! they don't stop so i jump onto the front mounted bike rack, and they continue to drive with me on the front of the moving bus. they tell me to come to the station at 8 to ask about it. i reply i can't cuz i work, so they just shrug and smirk at me.they finally slowed down enough for me to jump off of the bus, and sped away. i was left alone and bikeless in the pouring rain, late for work.

it was at this point, i made myself wake up, and i was overjoyed that it was all a dream.

points of the story: a) melatonin gives you fucked up dreams
b) don't fuck with bus drivers.

we'll see how tonight goes with the boozeless sleep.

off to work for now though.


if you have boxes for me, put them on my porch.

kisses and bruises.

No comments: